Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Way We Are

The other day, I got a little bit flustered. Why? Because my husband refuses to scuba dive with me. Stupid, right? I got caught up in focusing on our differences. Bad thing to do. It is always better to focus on the things you have in common and to love your spouse for the way they are. So, here are some things that we have in common.

We love to golf. Well, actually he loves to golf. I only love it if I'm even par or under par. Which is never. So, learning to love golf has been a tough journey for me. I am learning to love golf even on the bad days. My husband has to remind me that we play golf for fun, not to win. It's always a good reminder.

The outdoors. We both love to be out in the sun, when it's warm. We love anything outside! In particular we love to hike.


Sports. We love to watch sports and play them! Going to University of Utah football games is one of our favorites. In January we got tickets to go to the Fiesta Bowl. I'm an Oregon fan as well. That was fun and warm.

We have the same religion, political views, hometowns, and both our moms teach school! Speaking of school, we are both very dedicated to our classes. It's hard for both of us to get anything less than an A.

We like to watch movies. On either Friday or Saturday nights, we love to sit down and pop in a good quality movie. Nice thing for me? He loves a good chick flick. We have seen some good shows recently. One of our favorites is Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story. Watch it, if you haven't.

We love food. Cafe Rio, Olive Garden, the Mandarin, and Zupas are some of our favorites. I love to try new things every time we go out, but Jared likes to stick to his favorite dishes.

We dislike Winter. It's too cold here. We are hoping to move somewhere warm so we can golf year round.

We like to do anything together. I think this is one of the most important parts of a relationship. Couples that play together, stay together. Moral of the story, it's okay to be different. In fact, it's good to be different. Our differences make us unique and special. I love my husband for who he is and the way he completes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment