Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Good news golf!

Jared and I both broke 40 playing nine holes at Sun Hills this week. It's not that big of a deal for Jared. He is a much better golfer and consistently shoots pretty good. But for me, that's fantastic! I shot a 39. Which could have been so much better. I had 4 pars in a row to finish. 6 pars on the day. I'm pretty proud of myself. It's the second time I've shot in the 30's this year. By the way, I'm about a 20 handicap, according to Jared. So it's my goal to get my handicap down to the low teens this year. I have to be able to at least compete with Jared. I did shoot an even par on the front nine at Coral Canyon a couple of weeks ago. But I kind of blew it up on the back nine and went 10 over. Golf can be such a cruel sport.
This is me at Coral Canyon on their signature par 3, surrounded by red rock. I kind of duffed my tee shot about 8 feet away from me. Kind of embarrassing. But I took a mulligan, re-did my tee shot, then put it about 5 feet away from the pin. Then I tapped in a little slider for a Birdie, or Par if you are one of those Nazi golfers who counts every stroke.
This is Jared on his favorite Par 3 at Sand Hollow. I'm pretty sure he ended up with either a par or birdie. I love how he looks in his golfing clothes, so handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment